My Photo
Name:
Location: Alloverthe, USA, From Ohio, currently reside in GA, United States

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Blessed are the Dreamers

\/ Scroll down \/











A Reunion at the U2 Concert October 6th, 2009
(Danny, Peter, Ted, & Me)

We do what we do



Only feet from the Bono




My brother Dustin, Jack (my dog) & I at Centennial Olympic Park sometime in August.
My Mom's Wedding 9-12-09 (brother Luke walking her down the aisle)

In order from left to right: Me, Dustin, Peter, Luke, Mom, Steven, his Mom, Tiffany, & Moria
aka the Brady Bunch
Mom & Steven

Some mountains in Tennessee... or was it Kentucky? on my ride home from the wedding.



Over 5 months have passed since I last wrote. I have been in shock & awe over all the happenings in my own life since then.

Here I sit with the usual beer at my Mother's home in our nearly 200 year old home in the study, my favorite room in this house in Groveport, Ohio to tell you a majorly shortened version of what has happened over this time. It's been nuts as usual. Yet, it feels good to write again.

Last time I wrote I had just purchased and moved into my new home on Mattison Street in Duluth, Georgia. Since then I acquired pretty much a houseful of free (or really cheap) furniture. One family from Sugarloaf was redecorating most of their house and asked if I would like to come over and look at some stuff. "Sure" I said, thinking it would probably be just a few things. Above is the first truckload full. My friend Joe helped me pick it all up in his truck too.

I had a great housewarming party with a keg of Guinness and Irish food. Several friends/clients from Sugarloaf came, as well as my friends and newfound neighborhood friends. As I remember the power went out that night during the rainstorm. We ended up singing to my friend Graham's acoustic guitar as he played some Irish jigs. No, I'm sorry, we ended up playing water basketball into the night at my neighbor's.

Moving on, two roommates moved in August 1st. Both are female whom I found on Craigslist through a roommate ad I posted. They were the first two to come take a look, so no conspiracies please. It has worked out well (so well that I am adding a 3rd roommate in the basement come January 1st... another female... my next door neighbor's girlfriend... so it will be a happening place... don't know how much time I will spend there :) )

Then my 27th birthday came on the 25th of August (starting to dislike these birthdays already... would rather be like an aboriginy and never fully know my age.)

Sometime in here I quit my tennis teaching job at Sugarloaf and began working independently and at Hamilton Mill, a 2500 home community in Dacula, Georgia.

September came, and with it came a lot. My Mom got re-married to a man named Steven Thomson. My great Irish friend Gary Kilduff came all the way from Dublin, along with all my brothers and their families, plus all of Steven's family, including his two daughters. Yes, very similar to the Brady Bunch. It was a wonderful wedding, a truly beautiful time.

While we were there we were all thrown a curveball, finding out my Father had gotten re-married to the former Susie Gualtieri that weekend as well. It was strange and a bit unnerving to find this out the way we did, but we all kept our cool.

Moving on, October 6th was the Atlanta U2 concert, where my brother Peter came from South Florida, my great friend Danny came from Maryland, and our friend Ted came from North Carolina just to meet and experience the concert together. What a time we had. The pics will tell the words.

Later in October an amazing thing happened, the story of the year, but I will save that story for the next blog.

Also in October I was called and asked to be assistant high school tennis coach at Duluth High School right by my house (3 minutes away.) I will be starting in February.

We did a Halloween Party at my place too. I was a pretty bad version of Chuck Norris (pics.)

November brought work and organization... fine.

December is bringing big plans for the future.

The rest is in the pics.
____________________________

Once I said that the joys lie in the cracks and crevices of all we do in life. Lately it seems I have been too busy to really appreciate those joys like I should. I plan on getting back to that place in 2010...

I still have the bus and am working to get the veggie system running again. 2010 will bring out a dream inside of me. I have a dream we all get off our butts like we did in the times of the American Revolution and take this country back over to be used for what it was meant for... freedom. Dreams, dreamers, the fire inside being let out for what one believes in. Wimps, well, wimps will just need to take note and get on their own horses and ride! Learn from those who know, drop your pride, and find the life that God has set for you. It is there. Quit crying, quit lying about our yesterdays and even todays. Why not spend that energy on planning a beautiful tomorrow... not for ourselves so much as for others... for the best self you can get is in the joy of giving to others. When you're lying on that deathbed you won't say you didn't give it your all, right? No regrets, right? Let's turn off our televisions, stupid habitual websites on our computers, pray, get down on our knees and pray to our Maker for the strength to walk that line. Walk it humbly, with the Love that only a maker could give. Come on! No more petty small talk... get with it. Feel the power of the Maker, God himself rise up inside of you. Nurture it and it will grow... beyond our wildest dreams... feel it... don't be deceived... never let it go! Don't be afraid to make a sound.
It gets better each time around!
Just remember to keep your feet on the ground.
But let that joy grow abound

Am I making a point? Boy I hope so.





Merry Christmas



Signing off,



~ Nate

2 Comments:

Blogger LaNell Babbage-Torres said...

Lifewithoutlimbs.org, is just one of those who dare to answer the call of God. "American Dreames" will do it's part too(calling all dreamers). God Bless!!!
LaNell

12/27/2009 7:18 AM  
Blogger ~LilHockeyBabe~ said...

Your..."I have a dream we all get off our butts r.like we did in the times of the American Revolution...." great stuff. I agree with the statement. but not very knowledgeable how to do so.

I like your opinions. They are strong and they make sense.

You have had another amazing year in 2009. Hope your 2010 is going well, and many more exciting things happen!

4/02/2010 1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home